Terraced Hills Pinot Noir
- Vintage 2017
- 400mt altitude Birdwood single vineyard
- 3 Côte-d’Or Burgundy clones
- 15% whole bunch
- Naturally fermented in open top milk vats
- 11 months ageing in 15% new Chassin French oak barrels with balance in ex white Francois Frères French oak barrels
- Bottled unfined and unfiltered
- 7300 bottles produced
Autumnal style, and quite delicate for a Hills Pinot, with spice, crushed fennel seed, mulchy red fruits, and a pleasing sappiness.
There’s a subtle drag of dusty tannin, some sour cherry, and a good clean finish, with an amaro tang in the aftertaste.
Plenty of style and value on offer here.The Winefront - Gary Walsh April 2018
Lovely wine. Deli meats, anise and redcurrantCampbell Mattinson April 2018