Terraced Hills Chardonnay
- Vintage 2017
- 400mt altitude Birdwood single vineyard
- 4 Côte-d’Or Burgundy clones
- Whole bunch basket pressed
- Naturally barrel fermented
- 30% malolactic
- 11 months ageing in 30% new Chassin & Francois Frères French oak barrels with balance in ex white Latour & Francois Frères French oak barrels
- 4300 bottles produced
Stonefruit, peppermint and white chocolate, white flowers and a little lift.
Medium-bodied, spicy preserved lemons and grapefruit, flinty feel and grapefruity tang to the acidity, but also a silky almost glycerol feel, and more savoury hazelnut and spicy flavours playing out on the finish, which has grip and length. Sophisticated wine here, at a very fair price.
Nice one.The Winefront - Gary Walsh April 2018